Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

I needed to make an anniversary card for Ryan as today is our 17th wedding anniversary.  I decided to use this week's Mojo Monday sketch as the circle panel would be perfect for the owl stamps I wanted to use, and I could squeeze a sentiment onto the little pennant.

Here's Julee's sketch.


Here's my take on it:


I stamped the owls in two different colors that coordinated with my papers, and then punched them out with the coordinating punch.  I used foam tape to pop up the owls and the heart.  I cut a little branch freehand and then added some leaf punches for leaves at the end of the branches.  The pennant paper was sponged with the same two inks I used for the owls, and I'm really happy with how well it matches the dps! 

Hubby's comment was "Very cute."

Supplies:
Stamps:  Owls from SU! "Punch Bunch" SAB set, sentiment from Verve "Love Story"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU! "Cherry Cobbler" and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Papers:  White, black, dps from K&Co. Brenda Walton "Mira"
Other:  SU! owl punch for owls and the little heart, Nestabilities circle and big scalloped circle dies, Spellbinders nested pennants, sponge, MS leaf punch, Copic marker R89 to color the heart, black satin ribbon in 2 widths, Bow Easy, foam tape
Card size:  6" square

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. so cute, love the colors, hope you had a good time celebrating

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!