Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life is Good

Today I'm sharing a card that I have worked on for several days.  It just wasn't coming together for the longest time, but I finally got it finished this morning.  I just couldn't decide on which of the dps I wanted to use and which embellishmentss.  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for my layout.  Check out this great sketch from Julee.


My colors were inspired from The Shabby Tea Room's inspiration photo.  Aren't these spring colors just lovely?  I was also inspired by the eggs themselves - more on that in a bit.


I'm also playing along with the Let's Get Shabby Challenge which is drawing inspiration from Beatrix Potter's illustrations.  I knew that the Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" paper had several different Beatrix Potter images in it.  I finally decided to use this little die cut tag with the rabbits.  As a child, I loved reading her stories about Peter Cottontail, singing "Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail, hippity hoppity Easter's on its way!  Bringing every girl and boy baskets full of Easter joy, hippity hoppity Happy Easter Day!"  So with the dp and song in mind, the Easter egg inspiration photo from TSTR was just what I needed.

Here's my card.


Here's a closeup of the tag with Mother Rabbit, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Peter Cottontail.  The tag had a huge hole punched in it, so I added a big eyelet and some twine.  The bloom is from Webster's Pages.


Here's the inside of the card.  I used a different dp from the same collection with more of those delightful bunnies. 


Recipe:
Stamp:  Verve "Artful Elegance"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Papers:  ivory, dp from Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime"
Other:  ivory ribbon, Bow Easy, trim from stash, EK Success Abstract Flower border punch, Webster's Pages bloomer, Tim Holtz distressing tool, sewing machine, twine, eyelet, Recollections adhesive backed pearls

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful inside and out! Love the image, paper, andsweet embellies :-)Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creations this week at The Shabby tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! I love how you decorated the inside....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Sarah. I love all your details..especially the big eyelet and twine. Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!! Lovely details...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, great take on the challenge.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!