Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mini Cards

This week's color challenge for CR84FN was green, kraft, and brown.  I made a set of mini cards for the WMSC.  The green one is my CR84FN entry and as I looked at my pile of scraps, I decided to make 4 different colored cards so I could make at least a tiny dent in the scrap pile!


Here's the sketch from Waltzingmouse.


I used Waltzingmouse's "Victorian Frippery" for all four of my mini cards.  I just changed the sentiment.  I love the flexibility that this set gives you.

Here's the one for CR84FN:


The other 3 cards are just done in different spring colors.







Here's the entire group of mini cards I made.  They are 3.5" square.



Recipe:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps "Victorian Frippery"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (layered on to achieve kraft and brown colors)
Paper:  white, scraps of pink, yellow, purple, green
Other:  Seam binding in various colors, Bow Easy, Recollections mini roses, adhesive backed pearls, sponge, and Nestabilities dies:  circles, petite scalloped circles, labels 1

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I think this is a great way to use up scraps - all the cards are lovely. I do like your CR84FN card - the rose really stands out against the green ribbon. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little collection of cards. Great job incorporating the colors for this weeks CR84FN challenge. Thanks for joining us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling collection of cards Sarah! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! love that frippery circle and your lovely ribbons and flowers! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really pretty set, love the color change with the ribbon! thanks for joining us this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet set of cards, Sarah! So glad you could join us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, these are so FABULOUS!!! What a great collection of cards! So pretty and a wonderful use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!