Saturday, June 18, 2011

Graduation Cards

I needed some graduation cards for some of my graduating seniors, so I turned to the sketches from May for VLV.  I'm not sure where May went!  It was a pretty busy month with going back and forth as often as possible to see my Dad, getting the students ready for the AP Biology test, and just all of the business of the end of the school year.  Anyway.....
The first one uses a fun sketch from Amber.


Here's my card for McKenna.  I used dp from K & Co. called "Sweet Nectar."  The sentiment and big flower are both from Verve's "Dream Big" set.  I used SU! Real Red to stamp the big flower and Versafine Onyx Black to stamp the sentiment.  The chain was punched with a MS border punch called "Bangle Chain Trim," and then I just added some satin ribbon and a couple of roses to give it kind of a trellis look.  This card is 6" square.


I used Maureen's fab sketch to make Mercedes's card.


Here it is.  I have to apologize for the goofy angle on this one.  I was getting some glare from the glitter on the big rose.  It really is a regular A2 card!  In this picture, the top looks like it is an inch wider than the bottom.

I used more K & Co. "Sweet Nectar" dp along with a coordinating tag I made using a Nesties Label 4 die.  I added a worn brass eyelet to the tag along with some thin twine.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Dare to Be" set.    The doily is a MFT die.  I used my MS "Vintage Floral" punch to make a little border and accented it with pearls.  Then just a bit of satin ribbon and a big, glittery Prima rose, and this card was done.


Then for Tabby's card, I used Amy's beautiful sketch. 


Here's her card.  I kept going with the K & Co. "Sweet Nectar" dp and the MS "Vintage Floral" punch.  The sentiment on this one is perfect for Tabby and comes from Verve's "Blue Skies."  I have wanted that set for a looong time.  I stamped the adorable butterfly from "Chicks Rule" in white and used the coordinating "Flutterby" die with it.  I added a few pearls to the butterfly and the punched border, and then I curled the butterfly's wings around my finger to give it a little more dimension.

This card is also an A2 even though it looks a little wonky in the photo.  I was trying to reduce the glare on the glitter that's on the big flowers in the lower panel while still making the glitter visible in the photo.



Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness, it has been a while since I have been here,, lovely cards Sarah, I never get tired of the beautiful rose.
    Have a nice day,
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. all so pretty, my favorite is the second one, love the borders, tag and flower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!