Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Sweet Birthday Wish

I have not one but two cards to share with you today for Cute Card Thursday's I Want Candy Challenge (#211).  I opted to interpret the challenge as a "Sweet Treat."  I hope that isn't too far of a stretch for the challenge.  If you've visited my blog previously, you know that I love to create cards based on sketches.  My crafting time has been pretty limited since the beginning of 2012, and I had printed out these two layouts and couldn't decide which one to do, so in the end, I made both!  At least I'm making a dent in the stack of sketches I've accumulated!  :)

The first card uses Amber's fab Viva La Verve sketch from January for the layout. 


Here's the first card.  Someone from church asked me to make a card for her grandson's first birthday. 



Supplies
Stamps:  Verve "Carpe Cupcake"
Papers:  white, dps from DCWV "Nana's Nursery Baby Boy"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Nestabilities circle die, Copic markers, Stickles Crystal glitter

The second card uses Charmaine's fab Viva La Verve sketch from March for the layout.






Supplies
Stamps:  Verve "Carpe Cupcake" and sentiment from "Birthday Surprise"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (image) and Versafine Onyx Black (sent.)
Papers:  white, teal, dsp from K & Co. "Berry Sweet"
Other:  Copic markers, Nestabilities circle and petite scalloped circle dies

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!