Monday, April 9, 2012

Thank You!

I shared with you a while back that I've gotten accepted into Pharmacy School for the fall of 2012.  What I didn't share with you were the cards that I made for my interviewers.  The Admissions counselor encouraged us to send thank you notes following our interviews, and after one of my interviewers mentioned that she also enjoys cardmaking, I thought that I should definitely send handmade cards!

I interviewed back in January, and I made both of these cards at the end of January.  I photographed them before sending them, but I didn't have time to get them posted on my blog until now. 

The first one was for a man, so I thought Shannan's sketch would be perfect.  I wanted to stay somewhat CAS for his card.  This card was made in just a matter of minutes once I picked some coordinating papers.  He mentioned that he enjoyed golfing, so I thought that green would be a good color to use for his card.




Supplies
Stamps:  Verve "Celebration of Thanks"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Papers:  white, dps from Basic Grey "Boxer"
Other:  Olive May Arts 1 1/4" silk ribbon, Bow Easy, Recollections mini rose
Card size:  A2

The second interviewer was a lady who was wearing a pink sweater, so I decided that pink should be the color for her thank you card.  Teresa's sketch was a great starting point since it had a little bit of layering, and I got a feminine feel from it, maybe from the heart?  At any rate, it got my creative wheels turning, and my second card was also pretty quickly made.




The papers I used were a peachy pink color that was hard to match, so I used a variegated pink and peach ribbon to try to tie the colors together.

Supplies
Stamps:  Verve "Celebration of Thanks"
Papers:  2 shades of ivory (a more yellowy ivory for the card base and a very subtle ivory for the mats), dps from Brenda Walton "Small Wonders Girl"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Recollections pearl flourishes in pink, Recollections mini rose, variegated organdy ribbon from Michael's, Bow Easy, Nestabilities heart and scalloped heart dies
Card size:  A2

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to make home made thank you notes, both are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!