Thursday, May 24, 2012

ODBD SLC 109 Faith looks up

I finished up my card for the ODBD sketch challenge, so I thought I might as well get it posted right away while Ariel is doing some reading and not in immediate need of anything!  Plus, the deadline is tomorrow morning, and if I don't do it now, it probably won't be posted in time.  LOL

We were given a great sketch to use for this challenge!   I think I will be using this one again in the future.


Here's my interpretation.  I'm still working on using up that Brenda Walton paper, but the stack is getting smaller!  :)  It is an odd sized card, 4" x 6 3/4" which fits into a leftover photo card envelope from Christmas.  I tried to tell the clerk that she'd given me waaay too many envelopes, but she wouldn't take any of them back. 


This sentiment really resonated with me as I've gone through the uncertainty of not knowing whether or not the cyst was cancerous.  I did a lot of praying, and it was very comforting to know that I had a lot of friends and family praying for me as well.  I'm so thankful to be on a smooth road to recovery!  How very blessed I am to be returning to good health.

Here's a closeup of the butterfly.


I colored it with Copics and cut it out by hand.  

Supplies:
Stamps:  ODBD "Faith" and "Butterfly"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  white, green, dps from K & Co. Brenda Walton "Small Wonders Girl"
Other:  foam tape (to pop up the butterfly), Nestabilities, white organdy ribbon, Bow Easy, Recollections mini rose, Recollections pearl flourish

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Wow sarah!! I lover all the green with the bright pink butterfly!!Thanks for joining us at the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!