Thursday, March 31, 2011

Praise God ODBDSLC54

I'm back with one last challenge entry for today.  This card is for the Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.  The challenge was "Frame It" either making a frame or stamping a framed border.  I used one of the border stamps from ODBD called "Baroque Borders" and the corresponding die.


All in all, this is a pretty clean and simple card.  I stamped the Baroque Borders and the sentiment from "Blessings" using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I was going to use the Midnight Madness sketch for this week, but I couldn't get the panels to work, so I just made a little mat using the reverse side of the dp and added a few roses.

Recipe:
Stamps:  ODBD "Baroque Borders" and "Blessings"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Papers:  white, dp from K & Co. "McKenna"
Other:  Recollections roses, knitting needle to curl wire ends, sponge

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Sarah, oh my word, this is so beautiful!! I really LOVE how you've framed the sentiment and those little roses are perfect!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, I love your roses, and how they draw your attention to the verse making it the focal point!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sarah!! I just love your frame, the roses and your color. What a gorgeous frame for your sentiment. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Sarah, the colours are gorgeous and I love the frame
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty framing of the sentiment and lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!