Friday, December 30, 2011

With Love

I finally have another card to post on my much neglected blog!  I hadn't made a card for about 6 weeks, so it was a bit of a challenge to dust off the stamping cobwebs and create something.  I started with a great sketch by Dawny from Papertake Weekly.


I then set out to combine a few of my favorite challenges, since for Basic Grey Challenge 59, ODBDSLC90 and SNTODBD50, the current challenge is Anything Goes.  My Basic Grey papers are all from an older collection called "Lily Kate."  (Well, I think they are all from that collection - the binding on my little 6 x 6 pad has fallen apart since I've nearly used the entire pack, but these sheets were tucked in there, so I think that is the correct collection!)  Since I was playing along at Our Daily Bread Designs, it was the perfect chance to ink up this new clover image from "Simple Things."



This card is going to be going to my Dad as a thank you for Christmas.  He is a farmer, so the clover image is perfect for him.  I tried not to go too girly on it and just added touches of pink (coordinates with the tiny pink flowers in the dp) and just a tiny bit of ribbon.  :)  He knows I like ribbon!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs "Simple Things" clover image and "Poinsettia Tag" (I inked just the With Love off of the With Love From sentiment on the tag set)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (image), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (sponging), SU! Cameo Coral marker for sentiment
Other:  Copic markers, Bow Easy, satin ribbon from stash, MFT scallop border dienamics die, sponge

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I am sure your dad will be happy you dusted off the stamping cobwebs for this! I love that btw, 'stamping cobwebs', lol Happy New Year from North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your dad will love this, it is fab!

    Mrs Wonka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sarah, it sure is good to see you back!! I absolutely LOVE your card. Such amazing coloring on the clover! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card Sarah!! I just love the touches of pink with the brown and your gorgeous coloring of the clover. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.
    Happy New Year!
    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, Sarah, and I know your dad will love it, too! Beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card. Love the image and the perfect backing paper.
    Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is very lovely. Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, this is wonderful! Beautiful coloring and design! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Times Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! I bet your dad loved it!!
    Thankyou for joining us at Basicgrey challenges
    hugs
    JAcqui P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love how your clover just pops, beautifully coloured, and congrats for it being spot ;light on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the layers and the colours you have used. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!