Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Last of the HYCCT Cards!

The first card is for HYCCT1117.  We were challenged to use paint.  I'll be honest.  My first thought was PAINT?!  Then I remembered that I had some crackle paint, and I went to work in that direction.  I used Mojo Monday sketch 213 again for the layout.





Here's a closeup of the crackle paint on the heart.  You can see it slightly better when the card is flat on the table rather than upright.



Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "One Person"
Ink:  SU! Basic Brown for sentiment, Vintage Photo Distress Ink sponged over crackle paint on heart
Papers:  brown, ivory, dps from K & Co. Tim Coffey "Fall Mat Pad"
Other:  Nestabilities heart, circle, and oval dies, Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Fired Brick, sponge, wooden heart button from Favorite Findings, twine
Size:  4 1/4" square

In HYCCT1128, we were challenged to make holiday cards using pink as a primary color in the color scheme.  I went for all pink with a splash of glitter!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs "Ornaments 2"
Ink:  SU! Melon Mambo for ornaments, Versafine Onyx Black for sentiment
Papers:  white, DCWV "The Christmas Glitter Stack"
Other:  Crystal Stickles glitter, black pen to draw ornament hangers and bows, gold glitter gel pen for larger ornament top
Size:  4" x 7" (fits into a leftover envelope from last year's photo Christmas card)

HYCCT1109 Look Up challenged us to use something that you would see when you look up into the sky.  I decided to use the sun so I could use this fun Verve set.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Let It Shine" (sun and sentiment)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  white, gold, dp from K & Co. "Berry Sweet"
Other:  foam tape 
Size:  A2


I made a masculine thank you card for HYCCT1103.  We were challenged to make a masculine card that included pink.  I thought this card would work as a winter or holiday thank you note for a guy.  The layout is from Amber's VLV sketch for week 1 of October.




Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Better With You" coffee cup image & "Artful Elegance" for sentiment
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Melon Mambo for heart
Papers:  white, brown, dps from DCWV "The Christmas Stack"
Other:  Nestabilities circle and petite scalloped circle dies, Copics, twine, foam tape, MFT Dienamics scalloped edge die
Size:  A2

HYCCT1101B challenged us to Bling the Cling and use bling in our projects.  I used Mojo Monday sketch 211 for my layout.





Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Believe"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red (sponged)
Papers:  white, black, dp from DCWV "The Stack 5"
Other:  Cuttlebug embossing folder, black satin ribbon, Bow Easy, scrap of organdy ribbon used to make flower, MS leaf punch, pink rhinestones salvaged from ripped gift bag, scalloped edge scissors, SU! photo corner punch
Size:  A2

For HYCCT1131, the challenge was It's a Costume Party.  We were challenged to do something completely different from our usual style.  I attempted to make a CAS card.  It is pretty CAS for me, but I know others might consider this a bit too busy to be CAS.  So in defense of "my CAS style," I only have 2 layers on the white card base, a piece of dp and the cut out sun.  The sentiment is stamped directly on the dp.  I stamped, colored, cut out the sun, and adhered it with foam tape.  I did not use any flowers, ribbons, bows, border punches, dies, bling, fabric, twine, distressing (torn or sponging), embossing, or any other kind of technique. 




Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Let It Shine"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  white, dp from K & Co. "Berry Sweet"
Other:  Copics, foam tape
Size:  4" x 7"

The last card is for HYCCT1106 Looking In On You.  We were challenged to make a window card.  I used my new Spellbinders window die cut from Our Daily Bread Designs to create my scene.




Supplies:
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs "Ornaments 2" for the tree, ODBD "Sweet Christmas Wishes" for the sentiment, and ODBD "Gift of God" for the pinecones, SU! Woodgrain background stamp (stamped over window die cut)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Basic Brown
Papers:  white, brown, dp from DCWV "The Christmas Stack"
Other:  Our Daily Bread Designs Spellbinders custom window die, MS punch to make pine trim above window, red buttons from stash, twine, SU! markers in Handsome Hunter, Yo Yo Yellow, and Chocolate Chip to stamp the tree and pinecone images, gingerbread boy from Favorite Findings
Size:  4" x 7"


Well, I am finally done with the HYCCT challenge cards.  I had a great time making all of these cards and pushing myself to try some new techniques and styles.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing my projects. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Neat cards, love the 5th and last card the most, like what you did with the sketch 211, the black and pink is so pretty together. Your Christmas scene is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!