Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Friday Sketchers sketch

The card I want to share with you today is based on another Friday Sketchers sketch that I'd been meaning to use .... someday!  The sketch  (#93) is from March 12, 2010. 




I changed the center panel shape from the sketch. The one shown in the sketch is one of my favorite Nesties, but I was able to mimic the shape of the flowers in the patterned paper by using the blossom Nesties.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder to give the white circle a bit of texture. 

Tilda was colored using Copic markers and then cut out.
Here are the Copic colors I used:
Skin and cheeks:  E000, E00, E01
Dress:  R81, R83, R85
Hair:  E33, E35, E37, 0
Stars, wand, and crown:  Y35 and Y38
Outlining:  B0000

The blue ribbon with crowns is also from Imaginesce.  I used a MS doily lace punch to make a border strip for the ribbon as it wasn't standing out enough from the patterned paper by itself.  The flowers are attached using dimensionals, and I added MS punched leaves with Vintage Photo distress ink sponged on the edges.


I added a rhinestone crown detail (found at Michael's) to the inside of the card.  I really wanted to use it on the front of the card, but it just did not show up against the background papers.  I had a few pieces of patterned papers from Imaginesce left that I wanted to use up. I've really been in a mindset of using up some of my supplies lately - just too much clutter in my crafting area these days. So between the panels on the front, the decorated inside, and the back I used up a few more bits.


I sponged the edges of the paper lace strips with SU! Pretty in Pink ink so that it would just slightly stand out from the base of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!