Monday, August 23, 2010

Wanted!

I was going to post this card earlier today, but I decided to play with the background of my blog instead.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but it took me a looooong time to accomplish what many of you would have been able to do in just mere seconds.  I'm learning though!

I made a card for Jen's Sketch for You to Try (SFYTT #43) from this past Saturday.  It was the perfect layout to use up some last bits of the SU! paper that coordinated with the Wanted and Bronc Buster sets. 

I used the sketch as it was, no flipping or rotating for me this time.

Here is my card, an A2 this time.


I used the SU! Weathered background stamp and then just cut my scraps to fit the dimensions.  I used a distressing tool on the edges of all of the papers and mats to make it look more rugged and masculine.  The edges of the wanted panel are sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I added some gold star brads to the top for the 3 dots in the sketch and tied a bit of twine to make an embellishment where the heart was shown in the sketch. 

I left the inside blank so it could be just a masculine card in my stash (wanted - for you to get well; wanted - to wish you a happy birthday, wanted - for you to be home safely soon, etc.).

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your evening!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!