Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Faith

For the current Shining the Light Challenge at ODBD, we were challenged to use something new and something old from our stash.

I opted to use my new ODBD stamp called "Butterfly Corner."  I tried to create a blue morpho butterfly with bright and tropical colored flowers.   The flowers are done with a combination of Copics and gamsol magic with prismacolor pencils.  I tried to lightly shade the upper corner with a light blue prismacolor pencil to make it look like the sky.  The piercing was done with something old, my Ornare piercing template. 


Here's a closeup of the butterfly.  I colored it with Copics, specifically B000, B24, and B29.  I was really wishing I had a B26 or B27, but I think the colors turned out OK.  I colored in some of the edge of the image with a black Copic so that I could add the little white dots to the wing edge using a white gel pen.


On the inside, I added a sentiment from ODBD's "Full of Grace - Faith" set.  I included some more paper piercing as a decorative edging element.


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

ETA:  My card was chosen as one of the Shining the Light spotlight cards for this challenge!  Thank you ODBD! 
http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/

6 comments:

  1. oh my Sarah!!! since I have not been here for awhile I thought I would take a peek,,,lovely work!! I love the little angel on a swing, so cute!
    and a long with all the other cards...beautiful!!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Sarah. So beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS coloring, Sarah! Love the Ornare piercing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Sarah!! I just love the coloring and the ornare piercing. Stunning use of the corner stamp.
    Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, oh my goodness, girl, this is such a beautiful card!! Your coloring is amazing...that butterfly looks like it is about to take off...so stunning! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge oer at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty!!! Love how you used this new Stamp Set! I have to get my little fingers on it too....LOL!!! Thank you for joining us at the ODBD Challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!