Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary VLV week 3

For VLV week 3, Tosha gave us this great sketch.


I still had some scraps of the Graphic 45 paper that I'd used last week on my crafting table, so I decided to use them as the basis of my VLV week 3 card. 


I distressed the edges and added some machine stitching.  The center panel is cut from one of the dp in the "Le Romantique" paper pack.  I added a sentiment from Verve's "Love Story" that I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I cut it out with a Nesties label die and then sponged around it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

For the two strips in the sketch, I wanted to use ribbon, but the only peach ribbon I had was 1/8" wide, and it was just too narrow.   I used a MS border punch for the first strip, and for the second strip, I took the ribbon and made two little braids and covered the gap with a string of pearls.  In the closeup, you can see the interesting texture from the braid.  The bow is made out of seam binding, tied with a Bow Easy, and topped with a Recollections mini rose.


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!