Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Next Batch of HYCCT Cards

First up is HYCCT 21, handmade embellishment.  I decided to combine this challenge with the VLV week 4 sketch challenge so I could make some kind of flower.  I decided to try crocheting a twine one.  The papers are from DCWV's Fall Glitter Stack, and the sentiment and leaves are from Verve's "One Person."  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black, and the leaves are stamped in SU! Old Olive.




Here's a closeup of the flower.



The second sketch I finished was HYCCT 22, 3...2...1 which was to use 3 dps, 2 embellishments, and 1 ribbon.  I went with another sentiment from Verve's One Person, cut it out with Nesties, and sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The felt flowers are oldies from my stash, think they came from Hobby Lobby.  I distressed the edges of all of the dp. Then I finished it with a bit of white satin ribbon that I tied with my Bow Easy. 




For the layout, I couldn't decide what I should do, so my darling daughter, said to me, "Give me your papers Mom, and I'll show you how the card should look."   She took my papers and drew a sketch for me.   I thought it was pretty good for a 6 year old!  So based on her pattern, I figured out which of the papers she thought were to be in the various layers.  When I finished, she was so cute and said, "I can't believe you did it just like my picture!" 



The last card I have tonight is for HYCCT 23 Sew Thankful for Friendship.  I used "Homespun Quilt" from Whipper Snapper Designs (Illustrated by Anna Wight).  I stamped the quilt blocks, cut them with a thin white mat, and colored all of them with Copic R29.  I tried to make it look like a little quilt, complete with sashing strips.  We were supposed to include real or faux stitching on the card, and the quilt blocks had the stiching detail on them already, so that part was done for me.  The sentiment is also from the same set and I framed it using Spellbinders Fancy Tags die.

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed evening!
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!