Sunday, October 10, 2010

SNTODBD19 Movement

The current Stamping in Time challenge at ODBD is to create a card with movement.  We have the option of using a card style that actually involves movement or an image of a moving creature.

I decided to try to make a waterfall card which I'd never tried previously.  I think that it would have been pretty easy to make except that I altered the panels to fit my sentiments and then I had to do a lot of figuring out just how exactly this is put together.  If you haven't tried a waterfall card, try it!  For what it's worth, my advice is to make your first one following whatever measurements are given in any of the various tutorials out there, and then once you know what you're doing, you can alter things for different sized cards and panels!  I made my card 6" square.  The dp is from The Paper Studio's 12 x 12 pad called "Faith." 


I decided to use the ODBD set "Never Thirst."  I hadn't had time to ink this set up yet, and I decided that the image and the 3 verses would be perfect for a 4 panel waterfall card.  Here's the card as you start pulling on the tab to start the waterfall effect.


I used the stamped image as the front panel  and then I used the 3 verses in the set as the panels.  I stamped the Brocade Borders design (also from ODBD) on each panel and then added the verses.  The panels are each 3" square, and the mats are 3 1/8" square.  I used 1/4" scoring intervals for the waterfall panels as I wanted the exposed parts to just be white so that the image panel would be highlighted.

The top panel:

The middle panel:


 The bottom panel:


I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copic markers.  Then I sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The borders and sentiment were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!
Sarah 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is gorgeous! Beautiful warm tones and the sponging is so rich looking! I totally agree that the waterfall styling is perfect with the Never Thirst scriptures set! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic!!!! Thanks for showing all of the panels! Beautiful work, as usual!!! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!