Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sharing Day

Today I'm going to attempt to do several posts with my Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Cards that I am nearly finished making.  The deadline for submissions is rapidly approaching, but I only have 3 more cards to make this weekend, so I should be able to finish in time!  :)

My first card is for HYCCT1114:  It Touches All of Us.  We were challenged to make a pink collage card.  Now I use lots of embellishments on many of my cards, so to make this a collage, I just tried to use a lot of different things:  roses, a couple of different papers, a fan button, some bling, and a border punch.  The layout comes from last week's Sketch Saturday challenge (rats missed their deadline to enter!), and I really loved this sketch and used it on two other cards I'll include next.






Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Kind Words"
Papers:  white, dps from DCWV "The Fun in the Sun Summer Stack"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Recollections flowers and bling, gold fan button from Favorite Findings "A Step Back in Time," Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies, MS edge punch, MS leaf punch
Size:  6" square

My second card is for HYCCT1129 Words of Encouragement.  Card number two also uses the above layout from Sketch Saturday.  I thought this layout was great for making a card where the focal point was a quote or sentiment as the challenge directed.



Supplies: 
Stamps:  Verve "One Person"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Papers:  kraft, cream, My Mind's Eye "La Paperie"
Other:  Prima flowers, wooden button from Favorite Findings, MS "Vintage Floral" edge punch, twine, Nestie dies
Size:  6" square

The third card I made is for HYCCT1122  Find Your Happy Place.  We were challenged to draw our inspiration from our happy place or an inspirational photo.  I am hoping to someday do some traveling, so I picked this photo of the Eiffel Tower as my inspiration.  So beautiful with the fountains!




Supplies:
Stamps:  Teresa Collins "World Traveler"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (sponging)
Paper:  kraft, ivory, My Mind's Eye "La Paperie"
Other:  Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio 25 mm bubble caps, decorative bottle cap from Bottle Cap Inc. (Archiver's), "Flora and Fauna Medallion" (sparkly adhesive chipboard piece) from K & Co.
Size:  6" Square

Card number four is for HYCTT1119 Give 'Em a Squeeze.  We were challenged to use dry embossing for this card.  I used an old Mojo Monday sketch (Jan. 5th 2009 to be exact) for my layout.




Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "One Person"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  black, white, yellow, teal
Other:  Butterfly from Brenda Walton for K & Co. "Butterfly Baubles" from Floral and Fauna collection, black satin ribbon, Bow Easy, circle punch (circle is folded in half underneath black ribbon), Cuttlebug embossing folder, Recollections black adhesive dots
Size:  A2

The last card for this batch is a really different style!  For HYCCT1127, the challenge was Tickled Pink.  We were supposed to make a CAS (clean and simple) card with a splash of pink.  I remembered I had an old SU! set that I could use for both the image and the splash of pink.  I scored at 3/8" to make a panel and then stamped the little piggy directly on the card.  I hope that qualifies as CAS since it is just one layer and no embellishments!  :)  The sentiment is even the same as the challenge title!


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! "Very Punny"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Scor-Pal, Copic maker
Size:  A2

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow these are just Gorgeous, love the papers in the 2nd and 3rd cards, love what you did with these sketchs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!