Monday, December 24, 2012

New Cards with Old Sketches

I love, love, LOVE to use sketches when I make cards.  I have been attempting to clean/organize my crafting area over the past few days, and one of the jobs I needed to do was sort through the sketches I'd been meaning to use ...... someday.  I decided to take a little break from organizing and make a card with two of my "someday" sketches.

Card #1 uses Amy's sketch and some very bright K & Co. papers.


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! "Very Punny" (SAB set from several years ago)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  white, bright pink, dps from K & Co. "Berry Sweet"
Other:  Copic markers, Bow Easy, organdy ribbon (Jo Ann's), circle Nestabilities

Card #2 follows Jackie's sketch and more scraps from the same paper collection as the first card.




Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Carpe Cupcake"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  K & Co. "Berry Sweet"
Other:  Nestabilities circle, scalloped circle, and labels 5 dies, organdy ribbon from Jo Ann's, Bow Easy, Copic markers, Stickles "Crystal" glitter


I'm embarrassed to say that the house has become a disaster zone while I've been in school full-time this fall.  When push came to shove as finals approached, I just let it all go so I could spend time studying (which did pay off in my final grades!).  I've managed to get some more general cleaning done in the house today which really feels good when you can look back and really see a difference as you move from room to room and get the clutter put away/thrown out/recycled.  I need to get myself removed from a bunch of mailing lists!  Good thing I tackled that task before recycling pickup!  I really wanted the living room especially to look nice so that we have a good background for the Christmas pictures tomorrow!  Ariel was a big help in picking up her various Littlest Pet Shop figures and helping me with the floors.  Choir sings for church tonight, and I hope our two songs go smoothly!

Merry Christmas and thanks for stopping by! 
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!