Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Mojo Monday Country Kitchen

This week's challenge at TSTR was "Country Kitchen."  We were supposed to use this photo as our inspiration. 




I was inspired by the color combination of red, turquoise, and white.  I used dp from DCWV's "Berry Street Farmer's Market" stack.  It has a slight textured finish to it.  I thought this little mouse was so sweet, so I just cut out that image, sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, distressed it with a Tim Holtz distressing tool, and then stitched around the panel.  I hand cut the little scalloped border at the top from another of the papers in this stack (it was a border going all the way around the 12 x 12 page originally).  The white scalloped border was cut with a mini scalloped scissors.  Can't remember the last time I used decorative edged scissors!  The turquoise paper is also from the same stack and that was as close as I could get to polka dotted paper in the right colors.  The ribbon is red satin, tied with a Bow Easy and topped with a tan button and a bit of twine.

Here's a closeup of the printed panel so you can see the textured carstock and details a bit better (I hope!)



The "Thanks" sentiment is a freebie stamp I got a while ago with a Verve order.  I wasn't sure how well the textured paper would take the Versafine Onyx Black ink, but it came out nicely.


I used the Week 163 Mojo Monday sketch for the layout, but because my image was so large, my card size is 6 and 7/8" by 5 and 1/2".  I had originally planned to make it 8.5" x 5.5", but the proportions were just not working!

I also finished the inside of the card with some scraps of the dp and on the back I added my personalized label stamp.





Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed evening!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet ... thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card !
    Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
    http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just darling. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!