Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Joy

I'm back with my card for Mojo Monday week 169.  Here's the sketch. 


Here's my card.


I used dp by Webster's Pages (a combined collection called Waiting for Santa and Sweet Season) along with a little olive green for matting.  I replaced the circle element in the sketch with a flower that I made with a Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  I am loving this die!  It is so easy to use, and I'm getting faster/better at making the flowers.  I inked some of the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to try and give it a bit more depth and definition of the individual petals.  I used the Imaginesce Petal Roller tool to make the flower.

Here's a closer look at the flower and its little pearl center.





The Joy sentiment comes from Verve's "Glad Tidings" set.  I stamped the medium snowflake in that set using SU! Bashful Blue and then stamped the Joy in SU! Always Artichoke.  A bit of olive satin ribbon from my stash, and this card is done!

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!