Sunday, December 5, 2010

ODBDSNT23 Christmas Cards

The current Stamping in Time challenge at ODBD is to make a Christmas card. 

Here's my card.


I used basically the same layout as I did on a previous card shown here, but I wanted it to have a more rustic feel since I used this plaid paper from Basic Grey's "Jovial" collection.  I stamped the poinsettia twice with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.  Then I used the coordinating die to cut out the first poinsettia.  I cut the second image out by hand (just the flower portion) and turned it just slightly so the flower would look fuller and mounted it on foam tape for dimenstion.  I sponged the edges of the panel using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The sentiment and the poinsettia are both from ODBD's "Blessed Christmas."   The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

The bow is some Martha Stewart seam binding that I topped with a black button and a gold ball.  I also used those little adhesive balls in the center of the flower and on the corners to cover up "the turn" in my zigzagging.  I also did some straight stitching around the panel and distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool.


Here are a few detail shots.





Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

ETA:  I won the SNT $15 gift certificate for this challenge.  Thank you ODBD! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah

    I really love this card.

    Beautiful sentiment, backing paper, stitching and layout and your bow looks fantastic.

    Gorgeous make.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly detailed and so very beautifully vintage, Sarah! Wonderful stitching and distressing! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I just love that poinsettia. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!