Sunday, December 26, 2010

Most of All

Sankari provided this great sketch for VLV week 2. 

We are supposed to choose our own inspiration pieces from any holiday decor.  For my inspiration, I chose this ornament I found on Etsy made by izzilu


I really liked the colors of the ornament against the green of the tree.  It also resembles a flower! 

Here's my card.  My colors are more muted than those in the inspiration photo, but I'm hoping you can see how it relates to that beautiful ornament.


I used dp from Basic Grey's "Curio" collection.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Bountiful Harvest."  The edges of the sentiment panel are sponged in SU! Old Olive and then I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink over it to give it an aged look.  I used my oval Nesties to cut out the sentiment and mat.


 I used a MS deep border punch and some peach satin ribbon that I have probably had for at least 10 years (felt great to use up that chunk of ribbon!) that I tied with my Bow Easy.  The large rose is from Prima, and I think the little one is from Recollections as are the black pearls (you can see them best in the first picture).



I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas!  Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sarah! I think I need to get some of this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Sarah, I agree the paper is a must to have.
    Enjoy your day,
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!