Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moments that Take Our Breath

For this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room, we were given a lovely inspiration photo and the direction to use flowers.  From the inspiration photo, I'm using the pink flowers and the idea of layers.


I used Maureen's fabulous VLV week 3 challenge sketch for my layout.


I tried to create a shabby vintage look for my card.  I made the rolled rose using a Sizzix die.  I added a button with a little thread bow in place of the ribbon bow on the sketch. 


Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve "Beautiful You"
Papers:  Basic Grey "Lily Kate", white cards stock for base
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Other:  Sizzix die "Flowers 3-D" for rolled rose, brown pleated ribbon and crocheted trim both from Making Memories "Trim Card Brun Antique Reverie," Recollections pearls, Tim Holtz distress tool, sewing machine, sponge, button from stash, linen thread

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back in a bit with three more cards.  Today is the deadline for a couple of challenges that I wanted to enter.
Blessings,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah how sweet! I love that saying and how you added the pretty lace and ribbon on the side and that lovely flower make for a beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything on this card is so shabalicious! Your ribbon is equisite! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week over at The Shabby Tea Room.

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, oh my goodness, this is beyond GORGEOUS!!! I love the shabby looks and that rose.....amazing! WOW.....can't get enough of this BEAUTY!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card will brown and pink! Love the shading with the ink and such a beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Love that flower! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunningly gorgeous, love the ruffle, stitching and flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!