Monday, March 21, 2011

I Would Rather...

For the current Stamping in Time challenge at ODBD, the challenge incorporated another anniversary tradition as ODBD celebrates its third birthday.  For this challenge we were to incorporate glass, crystal, or clear in some fashion.  I chose to use the cracked glass technique.  It's something I've always wanted to try, but I just never got around to doing it.  That's what I love about challenges; they push me to try something new!

I love this sentiment from ODBD's "Light" and I tried to create a layout that complemented the light/dark theme.


I distressed all of the panels and zigzagged around the border.  I took a couple of closeup pictures too.  On the first one, you can see the cracked glass technique a bit better.





Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

Recipe:

Stamps:  ODBD "Light"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Paper:  K & Co., brown, white,
Other: Tim Holtz distressing tool, sewing machine, Spellbinders Labels 8, Prima flowers, knitting needle to curl wire flower ends, MS leaf punch, pearls, clear embossing powder
Technique:  Cracked glass 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, girl, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity and beautiful creations!! WOW, this card is breathtaking....absolutely stunning! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Sarah! The warm tones and detailing are fabulous! The scripture works so well with the fabulous cracked glass technique, too! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!