Sunday, March 20, 2011

Make A Wish!

The Shabby Tea Room is celebrating its first birthday!  This week we were challenged to make a party themed project.  We were given an inspiration picture but not required to use it for the color scheme.


I used Amber's fun sketch for VLV week 1 as the basis of my layout, and all of the stamps I used are from Verve.  My original intent was to use the colors in the inspiration photo, but then I remembered that I had a little star embellishment that I could incorporate into the sketch.



Here's my card.  I used the colors of the beads on the star as the basis of the color scheme.  The candles and frosting circles are colored with Copics.  The frosting circles are a very pale blue color.


Here's a closer look at the beaded star.  I had a hard time getting a picture without too much glare!

Happy Birthday, Shabby Tea Room!

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

Recipe
Stamps:  Verve "Birthday Bash"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Tempting Turquoise
Papers:  Open stock blues and lime green
Other:  Star from Paperbilities Accents, rhinestone gems (on ribbon), ribbon from Hobby Lobby, Copics

1 comment:

  1. Your beaded star is soooo cool! And that cake image is to die for! Great card. Thanks for playing along this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!