Thursday, March 31, 2011

VLV cards

For the week 2 VLV challenge, Charmaine gave us this great sketch.  I combined this sketch with this week's CR84FN color challenge.


                                                  
  
I found some dp from K & Co. with a floral pattern that I could use as the garnet color and a print that I could use for the chartreuse. 



I used a Marianne die for the cream colored doily.  I cut the doily twice and then off set them .  You can see this design a little more clearly on the inside of the card.  The border was the edge from the floral print paper that I used for the partial circle on the front.  I thought it would make a nice edging on the inside.  I cut the cream circle with the smallest of the grand circle Nesties.  I love those larger Nesties for 6 x 6 cards!


Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve "Bountiful Harvest"
Papers:  Black, cream, dp from K & Co. Brenda Walton "Evergreen"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  May Arts ivory silk ribbon, Bow Easy, Recollections rose and gold balls, Marianne doily die, gold trim from stash, knitting needle to curl wire, Grand Circle Nestabilities


For the week 5 VLV challenge, Sankari provided this fun sketch.


I wanted to use the K & Co. "Sweet Nectar" dp that I just picked up on sale at Michael's, so I made a really bright and springy card.  I'm also using this card for the Diva Dare from the Verve blog.


I made some more rolled roses using the same Sizzix die that I used on this card.  I added a little bit of bling to this one, too, along with some yellow velvet ric rac trim that I have had for ages in my stash. 

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Plain Jane "To Risk"
Papers:  white, pink, K & Co. "Sweet Nectar"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Sizzix "Flowers 3-D" die, velvet ric rac trim (from stash, came in a kit from All That Scraps), Recollections rhinestone flourishes

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back with one more card today as soon as I get it finished.  Oh how I am loving Spring Break week and having time to stamp at my leisure today!  : )

Blessings,
Sarah

11 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful, Sarah! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those patterned papers are so darn gorgeous! Both cards are fabulous, so feminine and pretty!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I can't believe how PERFECT that K & Co. paper was for our CR84FN challenge colors! Just a BEAUTIFUL card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so lovely. Your CR84FN card is so elegant. I love the papers and the way you've offset the doily! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are beautiful Sarah! Love how you showcased that beautiful doily on the first and those pretty flowers on the second! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both just gorgeous! Love the papers you chose and those rolled flowers are just phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your cards!! The first is lovely with those rich colors & gorgeous bow. The second is so springy & love those flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, love the paper you used for the half circle, and the pretty flowers on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! LOVE how you used Charmaine's sketch!! Your Diva Dare card is so pretty! LOVE the rolled flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so gorgeous! Awesome takes on the two Viva La Verve sketches! Those rolled flowers are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sarah, these cards are both wonderfully feminine and delicate and so perfectly your style! Love all those beautiful flowers (they're my fave too) and the elegant papers. Super job, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!